Dead

Nov 8, 2010 at 4:34 AM

What a shame..right now this project is a neat gimmick and thats it. i tried using the pathlistbox in a real world scenario and it failed with the add ons like pathlistboxitemtransformer and pathlistboxscrollbehavior. this is some cool stuff but obviously incomplete and is at the beta stage. is this project dead? i dont see any responses for the bugs or other discussions

thanks

justin

Nov 8, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Unfortunately, I've experienced the same with all behaviors (e.g. DataStateBehavior) which are not working, because the BindingHelper never gets a Binding value and I don't know why. The binding is set but always empty -> Binding='{Binding IsLoggedIn}' then the BindingProperty has no value...

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM

In my experience with these add ons to the pathlistbox the behavior for them is unreliable at times and mostly erratic. Such as which item is animated to when you select an item in the items list, or when you add/remove items and are bound to a listcollectionview( try binding to a listcollectionview, adding a new item to the underlying observablecollection<viewmodeltype> and then doing listcollectionview.movecurrentto(newviewmodel) , the item is selected in the pathlistbox, but the animation to that item is not correct, sometimes doesnt run, sometimes items are just not visible, or the item is not centered on the path of items). this sucks...

Nov 13, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Wow.  You got that right.  DataStateBehavior simply does not work in Silverlight.  How sad.

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:48 AM

I've found the reason why it is not working with SL4 and a workaround. You can read the full story here.

http://blog.thekieners.com/2010/11/09/expression-blend-samples-not-working-with-silverlight-4-and-wpf-4/