Need Help for Using this Sample behaviors..

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:26 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I am having a trouble with installing(?) the behaviors downloaded from here.

I've installed the sample at the default directory({program files}\Microsoft Expression\Blend 3 Samples)

and run the 'blend 3' but couldn't get the behaviors from the asset>behaviors' list.

How can I get those great behaviors and use it within the project that I created my own??

I think it'll be really nice if there is installation help-like comments or documentations..

As matter fact, I've tried a few other way to solve the problems.. but not worked perfectly...

I copied all the .dll files in the 'Blend 3 Samples' folder to '{program files}\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend 3\Interactivity\Libraries' ,

and after I've done that, it seemed like the problem was solved.. however, I checked the list of behaviors

from the asset window in blend 3, Not all the behaviors were listed in it.

I'm not sure it's supposed to be that way..or can be found in other places.. but..

behaviors that have the word 'trigger' such as 'MouseGestureTrigger', 'MouseEventTrigger', 'StateChangedTrigger', etc

were not shown in the list...

Anyways, I'll be really appriciated if anyone can help on this.

oh..by the way, I am currently using Blend 3 trial..I don't know if that can cause the problem..

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I too am having difficulty finding the StateChangedTrigger.

I can see all the other Behaviors, such as CallDataMethod.

What am I missing?

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Hi All,

I'm running vista 64, Blend3 RTM. I followed the instruction and everything shows in Blend 3.0 and works great.

This is wonderful work.

Thank You for the great work.

Mike Greenway

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Edited Mar 8, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Hi all,

I've got same problem as Mink.

"I copied all the .dll files in the 'Blend 3 Samples' folder to '{program files}\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend 3\Interactivity\Libraries'"

That worked for me too, but the triggers failed to add for me too :(.

Help would be appreciated!

Running:

Windows 7 Ultimate (64) / Blend 3 + SketchFlow

tnx in advance,

DTK

Edit: well found the problem...

Just needed to add the refrence yourself (blend > project > add refrence, and add the dll's

next problem...

the MouseGesturePointList doesn't seem to work properly...

If I draw a shape, after release the mousebutton it instantly makes a 1px line at the top of the box.

If I draw a shape bigger than the white box it makes a huge (still wrong 1 px line)

screenshot: image (http://i47.tinypic.com/do1nbq.jpg)

DTK

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Help!!

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (64)/ Blend 3+SketchFlow too, I tried moving the dlls to folder '{program files}\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend 3\Interactivity\Libraries'" and after that I even added a reference to the files as was suggested by DTK. Even doing that a couldnt use the triggers in any way =S. Could somebody help me here? Thnx!!

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Shintax,

well as far as I can tell moving the dll's is not the way. better return them...

adding the reference from the original position did work for me however. The use of it worked for me when I added an behavior action to an object, and define a New TriggerType in the properties pannel. hope this helps you.

Greetz,

DTK

// I still haven't figured out the MouseGesturePointList error I got though

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:59 AM

Thank you DTK, I reinstalled Expression Blend 3, reinstalled the Blend Samples and added them as reference in the project and this time it worked, so, dont move the dlls file to {program files}\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend 3\Interactivity\Libraries'.

DTK, I didnt get the MouseGesturePointList error =S.